Saturday 20 November 2010

Face Flipping. (Systems and Processes)

Face Flipping.
Systems and Processes.

We set up the studio to take some portrait shots. I used a very basic light set up, with one light with a diffuser on and one reflector to light the opposite side of the face to avoid any shadows that would make the post processing difficult to handle and pull off.


This is one of the photos I took. The next stage was to clean up the image and any rough areas on the face.



The next stage was to select half the image with the select tool. The cmd + C to copy, then cmd + p to paste the copy as a new layer.


Next I flipped and aligned the image, using the spot-healing tool to remove any visible joining lines that could be seen.



I then repeated this process with the other side of the face taking care to align it all correctly so to avoid any harsh lines showing. I then pasted all 3 images (Left flip, original and right flip) into one image and posted it as my final picture onto Flickr.


Final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment